See some mostly finished example entries here: Standard Curl or Diamond Drill (Setup #1)
- is the beginning of a comprehensive guide to coaching, organizing, and playing UWH.
- is intended to take a “deep dive” into each of the various aspects of playing UWH and what coaches can do to help players develop the skills.
- provides reference materials for players and coaches, but is not intended to be a direct pool-side resource.
- The information contained here is a source to obtain a deeper understanding of different aspects of UWH.
- A supplemental lesson plan will be developed to help with the actual coaching.
The main sections are:
- The Game (How the game is played, how to tell your teammates vs opponents, what is a foul and what happens after a foul)
- Gear/Setup (gloves, sticks, pucks, goals, walls)
- Protocols (advantage pucks, equal pucks, penalty shots)
- Understanding Fouls (explaining the different fouls with examples, used as a guide for referees and for players)
- Fitness & Training (workout dos and don’ts, example training programs)
- Workout types and Cross-Training
- Water Workouts (Swim Endurance Conditioning, Kicking Power Conditioning, Breath Hold)
- Club Organization
- Practices (best days/times for practices, creating a social environment, “house rules”)
- Recruitment (how to get and keep new players)